Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sunday Adventure.

As if my social life wasn't hanging on by a thread, my only friend out heres boyfriend just moved an hour away from us. Awesome. So she went to go spend the day over in sacramento with him on sunday. Which left me here alone. I was considering a day of vegging in bed. Watching movies and sleeping. But I decided to be brave. I called for a ride from this girl thats in my singles ward who had given me her number the first sunday I went to church. I hadn't seen her since, and I could barley remember what she looked like.

 I was up and ready by 9:00 like some kind of animal. I had matt give me a ride down to the ferry. (They think that I am crazy for having a religion that takes up so much time of my day)  at 9:20. I then staked out a spot in-between a kite shop and a bike rental place and waited unit 12:30 for her to come get me. There I am sitting in the middle of fisherman's wharf. Trying to read my new church book, ya know get the spirit flowing. Yeah.. nope. Some austrellian chick is on the phone making some kind of drug deal. There was this little mexican family taking pictures by all the kites, and playing with them. Their little boy kept coming over and trying to get into my purse. and I'm all like: "Choncho BACK THE FREAK UP."  Finally she arrived and we cruised over to church in her little tiny red bug convertible. Making awkward conversation with a stranger in a convertible is harder that you would think. Lots of smiling and nodding.

 I then  made awkward conversation with all the 30+ year olds in my ward.. I laughed along awkwardly while they chatted about the pains of graduate school and living on there own. Finally it was time to take me back to the ferry. We were about 4 blocks away from Pier 39 when this chick pulls over and stares at me. I was like uh " Should I get out here?" and she is all " Yeah I don't see how I can get much closer." Yeah okay thanks a heap for the ride.

There I am walking down the street when some old lady informs me that my maxi skirt is see through. I just look at her and smile "Thanks." I caved and bought a churro and an icee. And broke my fast in the middle of San Francisco. Don't mind me.. I'm just gonna say a quick prayer. I waited until 5:30 for the ferry to come take me back to Tiburon. So after my 8 hour awkward excursion to church. And fasting to try and make some friends. I was expecting a friend to fall down from the heavens and into my lap! It was pretty much a dead end. Met some nice people. But none that were my age. None that lived within a 20 mile radius. And none that we remotely similar to me. And here I sit. blogging on my time off. Their are some young girls that work at the local woodys frozen yogurt that I have been eyein. So maybe I'll just straight up ask them to be my friend. Wish me luck.




No comments: