This was the second easter that I have been out here so I was a little bitter about not being home at first.. Easter is such a spiritual, family holiday and I missed going to church with my family and doing all of our family traditions but I was happy to make the most of being in San Francisco for easter for just one more time. :) I decided to go to mass with the family I live with. It was interesting but did not impress me at at all. It made me love my church even more. The catholic church is just so impersonal. But it was a good experience! Afterward we did brunch at the house Caren did such an amazing job and made everything so cute. It was so fun to watch the kids do thier hunts and get so excited about everything.
The Easter bunny always remembers me at the Schmidt household.. he was especially nice and got me movie tickets instead of too much candy :) (he knows me so well)
My easter outfit.. you would be proud my mom bought this skirt for me when she came out to visit last July, and it didn't quite fit me. But now it not only fits, but its baggy yay! I thought that it was the perfect easter skirt.
The table all set for Easter brunch!
My mom sent me an easter package.. she is so sweet. Candy and new pajama pants!
Saturday morning me and Tori went and volunteered for the primary easter egg hunt. We set up helped set up, had breakfast, and watched the kids do their hunt. They are all so cute! I love my ward. After we went and got our hair done at this hair school in San Rafael. It was okay.. but mama likey the price.. never again will I pay $250 for highlights and a trim by going to some fancy Marin hair salon. I am almost to the color that I want to be.. I do not understand how hairstylists are so stupid. I have legit gone to 4 different people asking for the exact same color and none of them can get me that color.. hello I am pretty sure thier is a color inbetween white bleach blonde and orangish brown.. learn how to do hair.. or go do something with you life. THEN Tori practically drug me to Chilis literally forced me ;) and we enjoyed a solid lunch and then went shopping for a new easter outfit which was an epic fail for me. Afterward I cam home and hung out with Caren and her sister in law. I helped them get ready for brunch in the morning and we just listened to music and watched SNL clips. Whenever I have solid talks with Caren, she makes me want to stay out here forever! She is always so light and funny and always puts me in the best mood. I just love her.
When I first became a nanny I dug myself in a hole by planning parties for every holiday, doing themed weeks where we would do a craft, treat, game, ect. every freaking week.(out of my own pocket) I was just way too exacited and got a little but ahead of myself.. but then I realized how stressful it was and how much money I was wasting. So I have become lame and don't do those things as often, but now whenever there is a holiday the kids expect a party. Sunday night T goes " Sammy what day is our Easter party?" I go.. " Uhh Wednesday?" so then I had to throw together something really fast so I just did a little easter egg hunt for them, and the we made cookies and painted them with this little cookie painting kit from Target. They loved every second of it!
(T's "pin the tail on the bunnny")
Don't thier little drawings kill you? Ah I die! So freaking cute.
I have been way into doing work with the kids after school. I am working on improving T's reading, writing, and math and L can already do her upper case letters, lower case letters, and I am starting the basics of reading with her. She is doing AMAZING! She is 3 years old and can read and write. 3 YEARS OLD!
The kids did so good with all of thier work that I had to reward them. I used to love when I would come to a surprise home on my pillow from my mom.. so I try to do it for them as much as possible :)
Happy Easter!













No comments:
Post a Comment