What is it about boys lately? I swear every deep conversation I have had with every girl this past week has been the same exact one.. Everyone is in love with that one douche bag who treats you like crap. And no matter what they do or how many times they screw you over..you keep crawling back to them..
And WHY do boys not realize how amazing us girls are? Like seriously... some of these douche bag boys have some of the most amazing girls right in front of them and it is still not enough.
This one conversation that I had this past week had stood out to me especially. I was talking to this girl at this party and she was telling me about this boy who loved her and everything was so great.. and then one day he just stopped caring and now when they see each other he does not even acknowledge her. And she vented about how she doesn't know why she cares so much or why she always goes crawling back.. but she just does. So I am sitting there trying to think of what advice I could give this girl.
But who am I to tell her what to do?
When I am stuck in the exact same boat.
I have been on and off with the same douche bag for four years and at the end of the day I always go crawling back.. lately I have been so strong and standing up for my self for once in my whole entire life. But then that makes him fight back even stronger. That makes him panic and go into super awesome boyfriend mode and he starts to show me the world.. and he starts to show me everything that I could ever have. Everything that we could ever have. And then I go crawling back again. And even at my strongest point I cannot stand in front of you and honestly say that I am done.. Because at the end of the day all I ever want to do is answer those phone calls or call him back or go and see him. WHY LADIES WHY!? WHY are we all like this..
Besides the several conversations and times this situation has been brought up this past week.. On Thursday I was driving in my car and this Kelly Clarkson song came on the radio.. I don't really remember the words but it was obviously a heartbreak song.. and in the middle of the song I started to think.. why do girls even waste there time.. Like t-swift.. start writing songs that actually mean something.. because frankly BOYS DO NO GIVE A CRAP. Like it seriously does not phase them at all.. and us girls think that writing songs about them or screaming these songs at the top of our lungs is super deep and super justifying.. well its not and this is a lot coming from me.. cause heartbreak songs are my therapy. But lets just phase it. BOYS DO NOT CARE. It is the ugly truth.
I have always believed that there is the perfect boy out there who is going to love me so much and treat me so good. But with all of the stories I have been hearing lately and all of the "Good boys" that have been disappointing me lately.. I am starting to highly doubt that.
All though I must say.. this whole playing hard to get/ standing up for my self is really working and I should have tried this a LONG time ago.. but there is the thing at what point do I draw the line from getting satisfaction out of this begging ... to moving on from it. To moving on from him.
Dealing with boys and trying to comprehend what the HECK they are thinking will be a struggle for the rest of my life. Hopefully one little fella out there soon will make this all worth me while :)
3 comments:
as sammy warner would say.. holla! spoken like a champ for sure.. we live the same life, i'm convinced.
I know you may not want to hear from an old married hag, but I do have some opinions that may possibly help you. (Or not, either way.. take it or leave it, lol.)
I went through the same ol' crap. Your mama knows all too well. That's where "the list" came into play. But honestly, and I truly believe this, it's because us women are so much more mature way before these charming young men are. Not to say we're perfect, but it's proven fact that men tend to take longer than women to mature mentally. I get to watch this first hand all the time with my bro in law and his girlfriend. Same age, and yet she's so far beyond mature mentally than he is. He's screwing up, making mistakes and she deals with it.
I personally think the biggest mistake we can make as women is to stay too focused on one boy at such a young age. Even though we want the complete opposite. We want a long, lasting relationship with love and comfort. Which is great, but ..for later. :) My advice to you my gorgeous cousin, it to date LOTS of boys, and settle down when you've seen that one has met the mark. (But make sure you've dated enough to know when that is!) Good luck in the dating world. Love you!
you just wrote out my life.
I loooove this.
Post a Comment