Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Utah for the weekend!

 A couple of weeks ago I got to go home for the weekend for the first ever " Warner Family reunion" Well with just our little family. It was such a solid trip! I got in Thursday night and Emilee picked me up from the airport then I went and surprised all of the girls and we went to chillis it was so good catching up with all of them. I missed them so much! After chillis well.. i'll leave that part out. But lets just say it was a solid night! Then I went home.. my parents were already up in Mid way staying at the condo and my brother was asleep in my room ( now his room) it was so sureal being home.. all of the familiar smells.. being in my old bathroom. Having different light switches, and fossats. Every little detail that I was so used to is now so unfamiliar. I crawled into my parents bed around 4:30 AM and slept until 8:00 cause I squoze in a doctors appt. that morning. Then when I got home I saw my mom and dad and we caught up which was so nice.. I think I talked for an hour straight.. then we got all packed up and headed out! First we stopped at rice king.. words cannot describe the feeling you get when you take your first bite of rice king in 4 months! Amazing!




Then we went up to midway. On the was up we listened to my Taylor Swift concert cd.. ( not surprised that all of my cds were still in the same spot.) We drove up the canyon and I got to just sing to my favorite songs and talk to my family about the good times in the concert and look at the fall leaves! It really does not get that much better for me! We got settled and then went horse back riding.. is it weird that I was kind of scared? I got the wild horse (of course) and I was trippin balls the whole ride. Every time it would start galloping. Ahh I don't remember horses being that scary! But the ride was beautiful I loved it! Then we came back and had Costa Vida salads and me kins and kelton went swimming. It was so fun goofing around and laughing with my sister like we always used to. 






 OH do not even get me started about baby Chloe! I seriously cannot even think about her, because it makes me too sad. She is SO cute and SO chubby! Ah the things I would do to kiss those cheeks right now. I loved holding her constantly. The best was in the morning when my mom brought her in and laid her by me. I just got to snuggle with her all morning! And then my mom made Crepes (my favorite) then we went and did a girls day.. Brick Oven and Pedicures! Then we came back and played games and ate a nice homemade family dinner.. and or course did another got tub round.










 Sunday we watched the packer game and my mom made homemade pizza. Then we did family pictures and then I went to the airport and flew home. It was such a short trip! It was so weird I had a couple of break downs at the end of the night with the girls I just broke down bawling. Coming home is so emotionally draining. I wouldn't say that I was dissapointed.. cause I wasn't I had the best night. But it felt like something was missing. Maybe it is because things are already so different. Or maybe because they were so dissapointingly the same.. When ever I am out here I talk home up so much..  but actually being home was not the fairy tale I had planned. My room is gone. My friends are living different lives, so is my family. I feel like so many of the people that were included in my life in Orem are gone.. on misions, or up at college. Which is okay because a fresh start will be so nice. I think that moment was the moment that I realized I actually have to let go of my life how it was and start a new one.. this year is not just a break from my life.. its a head start, a fresh start for my new one. And even though that excites me, it is still a hard pill to swallow.




Being home was so nice. I loved spending time with my family. I don't think anyone realizes how much I miss them out here! Ii cannot wait for christmas to see everyone and be home for a whole 11 days!!

No comments: