So I found my future husband.. cool hu?
His name is Elder Hamilton, and he is a current serving missionary in my singles ward.. I know rough.
It all started a few months ago when he walked into sunday school. It was that sunday where I got a ride from that random. So I was sitting by her, And the missionaries walk in, and she starts freaking out. Cause I guess Elder Hamilton is her best friends little brother. So she took a picture of him and stuff and then when we were walking out we stopped and talked to them. Then when he shook my hand, I got this super strong feeling.. like revelation almost. "you're going to marry him." K I know I sound insane.. but just embrace this with me for just a second.
So then every week I found myself like volunteering to say the prayers, read scriptures, ect. So that he would maybe ya know get it too.. So it turned into kind of a funny joke with my friends back home. like "Guess what I found my husband." "oh really? hot." So each week I looked forward to going to church. So then today in Sunday school we had to share our favorite scripture from the Book Of Mormon and share out testimony about it.. so I start panicking.. I just got new scriptures so none of them are highlighted, and I didn't necessarily have favorite scripture from the book of mormon. #embarassed. So I whip out my church journal and I see this talk from my favorite bishop, Bishop Wooley. And it was Ether 12:27 Talking about turning strengths into weaknesses. And so I decided to share that one.. when oh wait 5 minutes later. Elder Hamilton stands up.. " Okay so I chose Ether 12:27 and then goes on to give this killer speech about it. LIKE WHAT ARE THE FREAKING CHANCES.
Then I was talking to my friend Jenny who's boyfriend recently left on a mission. And she told me that her boyfriend Derrek is getting transferred to the San Francisco/Oakland mission. So the I was all like oh hol-la. Now I have my in. So this sunday.. I made sure I got a spot up close sitting right behind them.. and then after, I just asked them what specific mission they got called to, because I have a friend that is getting transferred into the San Francisco/ Oakland mission. And then we got to talking and Elder Hamilton was like "what is your friends name?" And I was like" Derrek Omori" and he was like " Oh my! I know derrek. I love that kid!" So ding ding ding hello social connection.. so now my plan is set.. look cute at church, do my thing.. pray for him. And then ya know come two years.. creepin add him on Facebook. And if its meant to be.. ya know it will all work out. It is so weird.
I am sure I sound psychotic. I do not know a thing about this guy.. I don't even know his first name. Or anything.. sometimes when I daydream about him I get flashes of him wearing plaid shorts and an abercrombie polo.. and then I get awkward tingles. I have no idea what his style is, what is family is like, what he wants to do for a living, how he is gonna make us rich. NOTHIN.But I do know that when he checks the time he like flicks his wrist to look at his watch.. and its really hot. And he is serving the lord for two years.. that tells me he is disciplined, selfless, strong, good, mature, basically awesome. God works in mysterious ways.. you never freakin know. This time last year I didn't even know Tiburon existed and here I am living here. He was supposed to go to Mongolia, and I was supposed to stay in Utah.. but somehow weird coincidences placed us in the same place! So I will keep you posted on any exciting things that happen. If you have any suggestions of how to get a full time missionary, I am all ears.
1 comment:
hahahah girl! i'm so glad i'm doing major creeping on your blog tonight cause i'm loving it. this made me laugh a whole lot! but i love it! how much longer does he have?
Post a Comment