Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Back in San Francsico

I finally had the chance to make it back to San Francscio! I had been trying to plan a trip to go back ever since I left. But it was hard to figure out timing with work and school and to find someone to come with me. One day my mom found $49 round trip tickets to San Francisco through Alaskan airlines. I did't even think twice about it and we booked our flights that minute.


We started off our trip in Santa Cruz. We stayed in the cutest hotel right on the beach. If you haven't ever been to Santa Cruz I recommend that you go.. it is one of my all time favorite places. We went off season so the boardwalk was closed, but it was fun to have the town to ourselves, try out the unique restaurants and relax on the beach.







I was getting so anxious to get back into the city and to go to all of my old favorite places. The second we drove into the city I was like a little kid at Disneyland. Gasping at everything telling my mom stories about different places I had been to. Its crazy that even a building or a random wall can bring back so many good memories of my time in San Francisco.











Halfway through the trip I got the flu. It was the day before I was supposed to go over to Marin and visit the Schmidts. So we had a day of sleeping in and went to my favorite.. Rodeo Beach, over the golden gate bridge.



After sleeping all day I was finally feeling better just in time to go over to the Schmidts house that night. My mom stayed in the city and had some time to herself while I went and spent the night at the Schmidts. Making that drive back to Marin county and pulling into Tiburon was so exciting for me. Nothing beats that drive with all of the incredible views I still can't believe this used to be my daily life.



Reuniting with the kids was even better than I imagined it would be. The second that I got there, it felt like I never left. We started the night off with my favorite fancy cheeses and crackers, they even stalked there fridge with coke zeros. Then we had dinner and dessert. I made them a scrapbook of all our old pictures and got them some presents. We looked at the scrapbook together and I was so happy that they remembered a lot of the fun times that we had. I got to read them their books before they went to bed and then when they went to bed I stayed up late with Caren and had a deep chat with her. I missed lat night talks with Caren. I am so happy that I have been able to maintain a good relationship with this family and that even after 2 years of not seeing them, I still feel like they are my family. 





On our last day we went to the best breakfast place in the city.. I missed all of the amazing fresh fruit that California has to offer! We went to the palace of fine arts, Crissy field, and my favorite.. the Cantina!







I cannot wait to go back and visit.. It is so hard to fit everything in, in 1 short weekend but I know there will be many more trips to my favorite place. 



No comments: