good, better, best...never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is your best.
Yesterday in young womens we had a lesson on the talk by elder Dallin H. Oaks. I love my leader that taught the lesson.. she is so good at not just teaching us things out of the book.. she tells us things that we can actually use in our life. So pretty much we talked about examples how it is good if we do something good but it is even better to do the thing better.. and it is best to do whatever were doing at our best. For example with me when I am laying in bed at night and I remember that I need to say my prayers.. it would be good if I just said a quick prayer and sat up in my bed.. It would be better to get out of bed, get on my knees and say a prayer.. but it would be the best to Get out of bed and on my knees to say a good, meaningful prayer.. instead of just the quick memorized prayer. I feel like I can realate it to a lot of things in my life like school.. It is good to go to class..it is better to pay attention and it is best to be there, pay attention, take notes and do my homework.. Also with working out.. It is good to get to the gym and do cardio for 20 and lift for a few.. it is better to eat healthy, and get a regular work out in. But it is best to Eat healthy, Do cardio for 30.. focus on what area to work on.. stretch ect ect. I need to start putting in 110% into everything I do..even into relationships with my parents, friends and teachers. I want to do my best. Not just do good. This is also abotu useing time wisley. putting the important things first. I really want to start making my self go to yougn womens weekly even if I don't always feel included or if sometimes it is uncomfortable.. I need to be where I should be. I am really really going to try and do my BEST at everything I do:)
Here is the link if you are interested in reading the talk:)
tp://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0%2C5232%2C49-1-775-38%2C00.html
No comments:
Post a Comment