This story has been haunting me all day long. I can't get the images out of my head, nor the terrifying feeling of the strong pull satan must have had on this woman for her to commit such a horrific act. So when I was putting the kids down to bed tonight I couldn't stop hugging them. I think I did "snug as a bug in a rug" at least 12 times.. each. A few minutes after putting them down to bed ty came up and told me that he had a bad dream. I asked him if he wanted to have some apple juice and snuggle up and tell me about his dream, he grinned and nodded. ( I never let him do this!) So once he got his juice I asked him what his scary dream was about. He kind of mumbled for a second and then asked me " Can I still hug my family up in heaven?" I smile and look at him. "Of course you can. You can hug your family as much as you want in heaven." He continues to ask me a series of questions "How do you get to heaven? Do you need to go in gods belly?" "Do they give you food up there?" " Will I have a bed?" me:" Of course you can have a bed. You can have whatever bed you want up in heaven!" "Even a bunk bed??" "Yes T, even a bunk bed." I walk him back down stairs, tuck him in a couple more dozen times and then I go back upstairs. I immideatly knelt down in prayer thanking my heavenly father for me being born in the gosple. For having such powerful knowledge that can help ease my mind, and that can help heal me.
I then thought about that story again. That poor mom. I cannot imagine what she must be going through during such a hard time. then I thought about the song "Come come ye saints"
And should we die before our journey’s through,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, too;
With the just we shall dwell! 34
There is a reason why things happen. There is peace through all of these horrifying tragedeys. Although this life can be beautiful and happy. There is also so much suffering and heartache to go a long with it, and those kids don't have to suffer any longer. They survived this world. They made it to the end. All is well. That mother can see her children again. They can be together forever. Even if they aren't sealed. Even if they aren't of our faith. They willl have thier chance. They can be together forever and the is what I think makes our church truly amazing.
"Even though our journey may be fraught with tribulation, the destination is truly glorious."
1 comment:
i cried when i heard that story. that poor family. i can't imagine being a nanny and hearing it, though. if my heart hurts this much now, it would be terrible if i was a nanny. those sweet kids are blessed to have you, though! keep up the great work, girl. i look up to you a whole lot.
Post a Comment