Saying goodbye to the kids was so sureal. I had to wake up and head out early so I got all packed up and ate breakfast with the family and we played with the kids for a while taking in all the huggys I can get! When it came time to say bye to the kids Caren had to take Matt to the ferry so I helped load the kids in the car and gave them last hugs and said bye. I don't think that they understood really what was happening which was good.. it made it a lot easier. So I closed the car door and gave Matt a hug.. and then turn to give Caren a hug and she is just bawling so of course I start crying and hug her and then I mumbled a bunch of things that I don't even remember and I am sure they didn't even understand! And then told them I love them and got it my car.. it was a lonng 12 hour drive home by myself.. one second I would be jamming out to a song then next second I would be bawling during "Mockingbird" by Eminemn. Lets just say my emotions were messed up for a few weeks..
My friends and family were being so tricky.. my parents went to vegas and weren't there when I got home so I was super bummed. I didn't want a party or anything so I had just planned on spending time with Kinsey and Chloe the night I got home.. and eventually see all my friends. So I kinda talked to them and they were all like: "Yeah! just call me when you can come see me." So I drive up to my house just like I pictured.. dissapointed I see no familiar cars. I call Kinsey to tell her I am home and she is like oh yeah we are just hanging out inside come on in! So I admit.. I stayed in my car for an extra five minutes and cried.. It had been an emotional battle between prooving myself that coming home was the right decision and having nothing waiting for me at home was a harsh reality that I could have made the wrong decision. To my surprise all my friends were hiding in my house waiting for me.. my mom had my room all set up with some welcome home gifts! It was such a good welcome home. I am so blessed!




No comments:
Post a Comment