Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Second Chances

“We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.”
so I pretty much decided that I am getting this tattooed onto my forhead.. because this quote is my main motivation right now.. you see I have this really big problem with sticking with something.. mainly doing good in school and staying in shape. I neeeed to disipline myself so that I won't regret things or be miserable. There is a new taylor swift song out.. i know i know i hate the cliche " taylor swift knows my life story" but her new song is called innocent and it basically talks about second chances.. and even when you have hit rock bottom.. there is still time to become a brand new person.. whoever you want to be. I love it. There really is nothing worse than dissapointing my parents.. and even worse.. my self. I am going to print this quote off in the biggest font possible and hang it up allll over my house to keep me on track... and to help me succeed. And remeber that by doing good things.. good things are your results.

I guess you really did it this time
Left yourself in your warpath
Lost your balance on a tightrope
Lost your mind tryin' to get it back

Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days?
Always a bigger bed to crawl into
Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything?
And everybody believed in you?

It's all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
You're still an innocent

There's some things you can't speak of
But tonight you'll live it all again
You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now
If only you would sing what you know now then

Wasn't it easier in your firefly-catchin' days?
And everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you
Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'til you fell asleep?
Before the monsters caught up to you?

It's all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32, and still growin' up now
Who you are is not what you did
You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Every one of us has messed up too

Lives change like the weather
I hope you remember
Today is never to late to
Be brand new

It's all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32, and still growin' up now
Who you are is not what you did
You're still an innocent

No comments: