Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monday morning thoughts

 Every Sunday I skype with my family and somebody does a thought for the day, This past Sunday was my  turn. I love doing the thought because it gives me a chance to read different quotes, talks, stories and figure out what topic I want. I almost get hooked on it because I want to do every single one! But this week the theme of my thought was..

"Never Let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."

 We are all busy, Work, school, extra activities. Sometimes I find that there are just not enough hours in a day. But I think that we should never miss an opportunity to uplift someone. It is the little things that count.  If you ever feel the urge to text someone who you think might be having a hard time. Do it. If you see someone struggling.. help them. I find my self more than not being to tired or in to big of a hurry to say hello to a stranger, to say thank you, to hold a door open, to let the other driver go first. But those little things can make such a big difference in that persons day, or even life. I am going to challenge myself this holiday season to never miss any opportunity to serve others, to uplift others, or to love others. 




I decided to start out with surprising my cousin with a thanksgiving package. My sister sent one to me and it made my whole month. My cousin is also doing the nanny thing in Philadelphia and she isn't going home for thanksgiving so I sent her a few comforting things to help her survive the holidays. This one was easy because I am in her same boat so I know how hard it is! Which makes me grateful that I am able to relate, so that I can be here for her. But at the same time I need to make sure I practice the same understanding with others who are fighting a different battle. But no matter what your going through an encouraging package with some of your favorite things (in my opinion) can help anything!


I encourage you to all do the same! Send a nice text to a friend and let them know that you're thinking of them. It is never a waste to tell someone you love them. Life is so short it is so important to do the best we can while we are here. And what better time than the holidays to reach out and change somebodies life? :)

Happy Monday!



1 comment:

Cassidy Amy said...

i nominated you! see my blog