Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pulling off the ultimate surprise.


Ever since I moved out to California I always knew that I wanted to plan a trip and not tell a single soul about it... thanksgiving was the perfect time. I knew my family would all be together, off work, off school. And missing me dearly. So Back in June I booked an extremely over priced ticket to Utah. I told my mom that I was going with the family I nanny for up to lake Tahoe for thanksgiving.. I didn't have a choice.. I had to work. So of course if I was going to plan this elaborate lie I had to do it right. I admit I might have taking it too far.. sending my mom stolen pictures of randoms cabins and fun in lake Tahoe.. But it worked right?

 So after months and weeks and days of pure excitement Wednesday the 21st finally came! I had Maddie and Maddie pick me up from the airport. They were so sweet waiting at baggage claim with signs. The even made a " Sammys home cd" ( CDs are our thing.. we make one for every occasion) It was so fun though. I have not seen them for so long. We talked literally all night. Went to sonic and del and had one of our classic sleep overs. It felt like I never even left!


So Thanksgiving morning finally came so we woke up and got ready and then headed over to my parents house for the big surprise. 

So once we get to my parents we book it up the flight of stairs. I have my Maddie M. film it and Maddie K. cover up the peep hole. I ring the door bell, and my dad answers. He goes" what! what in the world?" I yell " Surprise!" and give him a hug. My mom, sister, and brother are all sitting on the couch and just stare at me. My mom stands up stutters.. and instantly starts bawling. I hug her while I stare at kinsey she is holding baby Chloe and just staring and me! Finally she peaces chloe out on the floor and runs over crying and jumps on me! It was the best re united moment in the books. My mom and sister would randomly burst out into tears through out the day. Which is good because now I finally feel missed :) 



 Thanksgiving was so good! I helped my mom cook we listened to Christmas music made our Christmas lists. Snuggled. Played with Chloe.( she is SO big and SO cute!) We played this new game called right left center which was super fun and I won the jackpot woo woo! Then me and kins went to black Friday and knocked down some psychos to get Aarons awesome gift! Everything is so much funnier at black Friday I sware, me and kinsey were embarrassing ourselves. Waiting in the 2 1/2 hour line was so classic and just the bonding we needed! I miss it just being me and her!










I woke up Friday morning thinking that I had so much time.. but of course it went by way too fast. Of course the first place I ate was at Mi ranchitos.. which was amazing! I was so mad rice king was closed while I was in town.. Victor (the owner) always takes the holiday weeks off. So I didn't get to go. But lunch was still amazing! After lunch we went to the mall and did a little shopping





 OH did I mention I totally lost my voice? Yep. All day friday I whispered the whole day. Too good. So then we went back to my parents and decorated the house until me and Kinsey went to my Grandmas. It was so good seeing my grams, I wasn't sure if she was going to remember me.. but she did and she was almost as happy to see me as I was to see her :)
Friday night I went to sumo with all the girls ( Jessie, Cierra, Shayli, Steph, Kristen)
We did our regular Sumo and deep talks at Stephs house. I seriously love my friends. Catching up with all of them.. hearing about their lives and experiences was amazing. I love learning things from each of them and applying things from their lives into mine. They are all amazing people and they make me want to be a better person every time I see them! I was on cloud nine about life driving home at 4 in the morning. I am finally feeling happy and content about my life, where I am, and the person that I am becoming! 

Saturday I went to lunch at pizza factory and went to the craft store with kins. Which was perfect cause that is what we always would do when I lived in Utah so it felt so good just having an ordinary day with her. Then I went bowling with my family.. I sucked I don't even think I bowled over 50. I was too worried about playing with Chlo. I would hurry and get my turn done so that I could go back and play with her. 




Saturday night we went to Kristens for Scones and Hot Chocolate with a bunch of people and talked, and played games. It was so good so to see everyone and hear what everyone was up to!
I left with Brandon and Baldo and we fit all three of us on Brandons scooter..which was an accomplishment. We dropped baldo off at some chicks house and went to sonic. Then we went and waited for Chelsey to get home from her trip to colorado. Which was super classic. Then I third wheeled it with them all night which was well interesting ( I am never dating anyone seriously ever again.. Just kidding:) .) I didn't do a very good job at documenting this night.. so I'll take what I can get.





Sunday I slept in which made me SO mad.. I had bee surviving on no sleep cause sleeping when I am home..sleeping is such a waste of time! So when I woke up and found out that it was 11:30 you can imagine my feelings! So I spent some quality time with the fam we went over to my grandmas house and my mom made home made pizza and we just hung out. I got to see my cute cousin tiffany so it was fun catching up with her! I got all packed up and Chelsey came and took me to the airport. 









It is always hard to say goodbye to my friends and family but I will be back in three weeks for Christmas time and I cannot imagine how perfect those two weeks in Utah are going to be! I am so grateful and happy that I had such a perfect trip. I am loving life and all of the amazing people I have in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam We loved our surprise. It will be a family classic. I love you so much and miss you every day.