Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sometimes weekends are hard.. okay scratch that, weekends can peace the freak out.. I hate weekends lately. Besides sleeping in.. I hate them. I must have gone crazy right? But my weekends are so long. I try and take on as many extra jobs as I can, but sometimes I have a open weekend.. Okay okay..which is sometimes amazing.. usually I will go out and adventure somewhere, go to the beach, grab lunch with friends, go on different hikes with Sasha, go into the city and do something fun. But lately I have been on a money saving kick. To do anything in the city it costs me around $50 if I am lucky.. $6 bridge toll. If it is downtown (which it usually is) parking averages for a whopping $25 a movie ticket here averages $12.50 -$14 Dinner would probably anywhere from $20-$35 and any activities as you can imagine can be crazy expensive!  So I have limited myself to eating out twice a month. I have a few visitors coming to town soon and the last month I am here I am going to do a big hurrah and just live up the SF life. But for now I am on a no spending money cleanse! Which can get you far.. not. I have had enough self pondering and bonding with myself. Like yeah okay I get it. I know how to be my best company but I am honestly just over it. I used to be able to watch netflix all weekend in my room. But I am just ready to be back to my regular social life! 

So sadly to say.. when I get asked to work.. it is the highlight of my weekend! That, and when the kids invite me to eat dinner with them.. and if I am really lucky they extend an invitation for me to join family movie night ( I know we are pretty crazy right?) 

 But as lonely as I am, I am going to miss nights like these.. when it is just me and the kids and they snuggle up with me and we watch some Barbie movie where they laugh at the dumbest parts and hide under the blanket when the villan comes into the story.. And somehow I am perfectly content. . Being with my two favorite kids and having that be enough.. makes me realize that I have truly grown in the way that I hoped to. You don't always have to be doing something.. you don't always have to have a boyfriend.. you don't always have to have something exciting to do. Knowing that I am making this night the most exciting night for them by Refilling drinks, popping more popcorn, giving them piggy back rides to their beds, reading them books, and tucking them in "snug as a bug in a rug.. doo doo doo" is more than I could ever want for a successful Saturday night.. No high expectations, no disappointment, no relying on others. Enjoying the little things and just being content with where you are, and who you are with.

I know I am going to miss these nights.. and that scares me. 

Can I just be a mom already? ;)




No comments: