I have come to realize that the most important thing for a girl to have is Respect. Respect for herself, and respect for others.
RESPECT: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Synonyms:
noun. regard - esteem - reverence - deference - consideration
verb. honour - honor - esteem - regard - venerate - revere
When you think of the word respect what is the first words that come to mind? For me it sounded so easy. I never really realized all that it stood for. It means to honor yourself, it means to be confident, it means to see your self as god sees you. It means to consider others, your future, and the outcome to your decisions.
Just like anything in life.. if you want something, you have to work for it.
If you want respect, you have to demand it.
If you want love, you have to be capable of giving it and receiving it
There is too many cases of girls thinking that they can find love minus the respect, minus loving themselves. You can't expect somebody to love you, if you don't love yourself. And you defiantly cannot expect somebody to respect you if you have no self respect.
Here is how it usually goes..
Girl wants to fit in.
Girl is a little insecure.
Girl wants to be loved.
Girl doesn't feel loved.
Girl doesn't feel like just being her is good enough to be loved.
Girl meets boy.
Girl does what she thinks she has to do to be loved.
Boy gets, and forgets.
Girl gets heartbroken.
Girl feels worse than she did before.
It is a sad cycle.. but it happens.
It is not always the funnest or the coolest thing to be that girl.. the one who ruins the fun of the vulgar music, or the rated R movie. It is not always fun to turn down a cute guy, who is after you for the wrong reasons. It is not always fun to lose the guy to the slutty girl.. But you want to know what is fun? Having a boy love you for just being you. And for helping people by your example. Being worthy of the temple, all of its blessings, and for being worthy of that boy that you want, and that you deserve.
You don't get respect for yourself by just being pretty, or by having a lot of awesome boys out to pursue you. You get it by being close to god, and working hard for what you believe in, and by not settling for anything less than what you deserve.
I have had a really hard time when it comes to this subject. I entered the crazy love world without fully understanding this. The world today makes us think that for a boy to like you he has to lust after you first. Yeah, boys may like those things.. but at the end of the day the boys worth having don't want a girl who would throw it all away for a little attention. I am so grateful for learning this lesson this early in life. I probably chose the hardest way possible. And I defiantly chose the worst boy to teach me these things. But here I am, I made it out alive and stronger than ever.
I promise you that it is worth it. I have not seen the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet, but I am on my way. And every day that passes that I can go without seeing him, without settling, and with standing up for myself and believing that I am worth it, and that I am capable of having what I want. Gives me more hope for my future. And just knowing that If I do the right thing... god will do the rest and guide me to my happily ever after, makes it all worth it.
Thank you Chelsey Mowen for teaching me that you can never go wrong by doing the right thing. Thank you for your amazing example and for always knowing the right things to say to me when I am on the verge of giving up. I love you best friend.
RESPECT: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Synonyms:
noun. regard - esteem - reverence - deference - consideration
verb. honour - honor - esteem - regard - venerate - revere
When you think of the word respect what is the first words that come to mind? For me it sounded so easy. I never really realized all that it stood for. It means to honor yourself, it means to be confident, it means to see your self as god sees you. It means to consider others, your future, and the outcome to your decisions.
Just like anything in life.. if you want something, you have to work for it.
If you want respect, you have to demand it.
If you want love, you have to be capable of giving it and receiving it
There is too many cases of girls thinking that they can find love minus the respect, minus loving themselves. You can't expect somebody to love you, if you don't love yourself. And you defiantly cannot expect somebody to respect you if you have no self respect.
Here is how it usually goes..
Girl wants to fit in.
Girl is a little insecure.
Girl wants to be loved.
Girl doesn't feel loved.
Girl doesn't feel like just being her is good enough to be loved.
Girl meets boy.
Girl does what she thinks she has to do to be loved.
Boy gets, and forgets.
Girl gets heartbroken.
Girl feels worse than she did before.
It is a sad cycle.. but it happens.
It is not always the funnest or the coolest thing to be that girl.. the one who ruins the fun of the vulgar music, or the rated R movie. It is not always fun to turn down a cute guy, who is after you for the wrong reasons. It is not always fun to lose the guy to the slutty girl.. But you want to know what is fun? Having a boy love you for just being you. And for helping people by your example. Being worthy of the temple, all of its blessings, and for being worthy of that boy that you want, and that you deserve.
You don't get respect for yourself by just being pretty, or by having a lot of awesome boys out to pursue you. You get it by being close to god, and working hard for what you believe in, and by not settling for anything less than what you deserve.
I have had a really hard time when it comes to this subject. I entered the crazy love world without fully understanding this. The world today makes us think that for a boy to like you he has to lust after you first. Yeah, boys may like those things.. but at the end of the day the boys worth having don't want a girl who would throw it all away for a little attention. I am so grateful for learning this lesson this early in life. I probably chose the hardest way possible. And I defiantly chose the worst boy to teach me these things. But here I am, I made it out alive and stronger than ever.
I promise you that it is worth it. I have not seen the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet, but I am on my way. And every day that passes that I can go without seeing him, without settling, and with standing up for myself and believing that I am worth it, and that I am capable of having what I want. Gives me more hope for my future. And just knowing that If I do the right thing... god will do the rest and guide me to my happily ever after, makes it all worth it.
Thank you Chelsey Mowen for teaching me that you can never go wrong by doing the right thing. Thank you for your amazing example and for always knowing the right things to say to me when I am on the verge of giving up. I love you best friend.
1 comment:
This is amazing! So so true! Ps I love your blog :)
Post a Comment