Thursday, July 12, 2012

One year older and wiser too

Tomorrow is my nineteenth birthday.
I am still not too sure how I feel about having my birthday away from all of my friends and family. There is a package from my family on my nightstand waiting for me to open tomorrow.. and a few other little plans here and there. But I am afraid that's about it. If you know me at all you would know that holidays are my #1 thing..  Christmas I decorate my room and go all out. I get all of my closest friends and family members super expensive gifts and make holiday bucket lists. I have thrown Halloween, Valentines, and even Martin Luther King Jr. Parties.. and when it comes to my friends birthdays I go above and beyond.. because frankly, life is crappy. And holidays are the last old fashion, wholesome thing left to this century. So we have to make them special. And I strongly believe that you should feel at your absolute prime on your birthday. Last year my friends did amazing I felt so special. And I will never forget that year. But as you get older... friends fade and birthdays become less special. And I am afraid that the "specialness" of my birthday went out the window when I left  my stuck in high school life style, group of friends and family members back in Utah. Which is okay. But as much as I love all the big stuff. All I really love is a nice sentimental letter. So if I could make one birthday wish this year.. it would be to magically receive a heart felt letter from all of the people I care about most. My birthday would be complete. But then again.. if you knew me at all you would know that sentimental letters are my thing.. there for yours would be taking residence in the mailman's back seat taking a first class ride into my small little town. But no matter what happens I am going to keep my head up and count my many blessings and acknowledge how lucky I am to be able to spend my lucky Friday the 13th birthday in San Francisco with new people at a restaurant other than Mi ranchito... man I am living on the edge!

No comments: